Saturday, May 12, 2007

Escape

I really need to escape from my life...rather the complexities that surround it. I have never felt so trapped before. SOmehow, this sense of responsibility has sunk in. My parents are getting so attached to me that its so obvious that they will have problems letting go when the time comes for me to leave home to pursue my MBA. They say that they'll be ok with whatever my decision will be, but their actions do otherwise. Everytime I'm reviewing, they'll just come into the room and ask me to do this or that...They know I'm reviewing. Then they do my share of the chores so that I could study, but that 30-40 minutes of time I save is really not enough for me to review properly. They are just overprotective...and to make matters worst, my mom is also a nagger. She wants to control every aspect of my life, including what I do, what I say when talking to people, sometimes, even how I do things. Not meaning anything else, I'm not the same as my mom. She doesn't realize that unlike her, I have dreams of being reald good in my career. I want to be able to one day be on top of the world...and I don't need "connections" to succeed, I am confident of my abilities, and I went to good schools, thus academically, am also okay. I have bigger dreams than just learning to bake and have a SME. I need a competitive, highly dynamic environment to thrive and further challenge myself to do better.

No comments: