Monday, March 20, 2006

listening to...

I'm so in love with my Sunshine in the Heart CD! Master Yung Jao gave us the CD when we were having our officers meeting at the temple last Saturday night. The songs were performed by the youth members of Taiwan. Most of the songs are about friendship, being ourselves, or gratefulness for what's in front of us. The songs are all in Mandarin, one is Taiwanese. The songs are not the usual Buddhist type hymns, but the beats, tunes and rhythm were modern pop, just plain pop. It's easy to the ears yet there's a beat to tap to (or dance to, if you are the kinesthetic type). A couple of tracks are the slow, ballad-type though...but over-all, it's just fantastic!

By the way, went out yesterday to buy some stuff for Beijing. Even if there was a sale, there were only a few people in the mall. Description=you don't have to push here and there to get somewhere.

*______
You know how sometimes I feel my English is deteriorating, even though people still say that my English is good enough. I just feel that even when I still have this accent when I speak English, my english grammar is going down. I still read and write a lot, but I don't know...I just have a feeling that I am losing my grasp of the language

No comments: