Monday, January 16, 2006

recent news

Was reading the newspaper the other day and read an article about India and its' loss of at least 10M female births due to abortions. I know these types of incidents happened a lot during ancient times, but is gender inequality still that big an issue these days? Daughters can be better compared to guys. And another argument, if there were no girls, where would the future males come from? Imagine what would happen if the population of India would compose of only males and no females. They’d all die out and there would be no more children to continue their race. Sorry...I just feel abortion is bad and choosing to abort a female fetus even worse.

I didn't take the job that I was offered. I passed the one-on-one interview and also the group interview, but I decided not to take the job sinceif I do, I'd have to sign on a 2-year contract and the salary is something like 4 figures only. Better to go to Vancouver and start all over than stay here wondering what if for 2 years. I was running computations in my head and weighing pro's and con's of each alternative and I found the opportunity cost and switching costs are just to high, which led to my decision to not take the job.

No comments: