Monday, January 09, 2006

fab weekend

Had a pretty active weekend! =) One of the few fun-filled yet busy weekends I've had..haha

I met up with my High School friends at Greenbelt3. Was an hour late due to the heavy traffic in the streets.
I got 3 gifts. A pouch with this cute kitty sewn on front.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


and then Aileen gave me a pouch also, then Charissa gave me soap. =)

I bought "The Valkyries" by Paulo Coelho at Powerbooks Greenbelt. It's been a long time since I've bought a book...as in it's been ages. Now that I think about it, it's also been a while since I've browsed through a row of books at a bookstore here in Manila. I kinda miss the feeling of not being in rush while perusing through the synopsis of the books on the rack.

After Powerbooks, Aileen, Erika and I had lunch at Bollywood. The food was good. The spicy eggplant was not spicy though, even with the red peppers sprinkled on top. The fried vegetable croquette-like thing(I can't remember what it's called) was really good. It didn't look hot, coz it was mostly green, but when you taste the ingredients inside, there's a sort of zesty taste to it.Aileen and I shared the Roghan Josh(not sure if this is the right spelling) This is like the Indian version of adobo.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After lunch, we walked over to Glorietta and watched "Blue Moon", the movie that won a couple of awards at this years' MMFF(as I heard from my aunt). The movie was cute. There are a few lapses, like how did Corazon get to the US and which Corazon was Manuel Pineda looking for in the beginning? But then again, overall, it was OK.

Had a good time catching up and just talking with my High School friends. It's been a while since we've seen each other, yet we still find something to talk about. We somehow know each other more than we know ourselves. This is my opinion. I don't know. This is just the feeling I have. I doubt if I'll ever get this kind of feeling with the people I've met in college.

Anyways, after we separated, I went to EGI Tower to wait for Mom, coz she's meeting her High School friends for dinner. It's a sort of trade actually, I got in the car as soon as Mom got out. hehe I passed through DLSU on the way to EGI. There is no way on earth that you'd get me to walk the street in front of DLSU on a Saturday night...unless the campus is closed of course.

After that, Dad, Candee and I went to Harbour Square and had dinner at Dencio's. The food there was not too good. And it took forever for our order to come. No kidding! The table beside us was already done paying the bill by the time our order came. Their order came just as we were about to order. Do the math...

We walked at the harbour after dinner digesting the food we ate before we headed to Starbucks. I ordered the Toffee Nut Frap, Candee got Caramel Cream Frap and Dad ordered a Mocha Frap. I started reading "The Valkyries" as we sat there sipping our Fraps and waiting for Mom to call. Which reminds me...I am about 18 stickers short of getting the Starbucks planner, anyone want to help? hehe

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Sunday:

I attended this wedding reception for lunch. The food served were all vegan. Loved the soup and the fried "Tao-pe". Didn't get to try all the food coz I had to attend the Cash Flow Game at FGS.

Jeanne was my partner for the game. We didn't win. We still owe the bank $15000 at the end of the session.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So that was my weekend. =)

No comments: