Tuesday, June 05, 2007

life...

Sometimes, I like to think I have my life going.Ideally, that's how I want my life to be.

My parents seem to control my every move, giving unsolicited advice and opinion about everything I do. Hovering over me when I'm doing stuff. They get even more excited than me whenever my cellphone rings.


Although they always claim that Shobe and I are free to do whatever we want to do, and that they'll support us no matter what, however, I've never seen them do something to express that. This is the normal scenario when Candee and I tell them something: we tell them what we want, they'll say ok and after a few minutes, they'll come up with a ton of reasons why you shouldn't be doing it.


They are just so "antique", for lack of a better word. They stick to the oldie way of thinking. Hello?? I'm not part of the uber-conservative generation. What they think is so obsolete...they really need to upgrade. Hay!

I'm not saying that I don't love my parents or anything, but its just that once in a while, I'd like to be free to do my own stuff.

I've always wanted to go to Canada. When I was in high school, they told me I could leave after first year of college so I won't have to take Grade 12, I bought that. Then that time came, and I asked them once again, this time they told me to finish college first. Ok, fine, I did. Then after college, they told me to get work experience first. (Seeing as I don't have enough money to just leave the country, I have to obey whatever they say.) Now,I'm working and preparing to take the GMAT for my MBA applications. Let's see what excuse they're going to give this time.



So there, that's my so called life...

No comments: