Friday, January 19, 2007

last few days of freedom

I found a job! Yey! Starting on Monday, am going to be working at Beginnings at 20 Plus as a Mandarin Translator. Yea yea, I know. It has nothing to do with what I took in college and it did go against my thoughts on jobs when I just graduated. When I graduated, I wanted something where I can apply what I learned in those 3 years and 2 terms in school. All those seem kinda big and unrealistic now that I think about it.

Anyway, I like this job. or I think I'm going to like it. hehe Then there's no prescribed uniform, and I don't have to be in biz attire all day. Also, the pay is quite good, considering am a fresh graduate with hardly any work experience. hehe

Went to NBI in Carriedo the other day to get my clearance for work. The lines were super-d-duper long. The lines started from outside the building to the second floor of the place, then there were also lines for each step you have to go through to get the clearance. The worst thing is, I couldn't get my clearance on that day. I have to go back on Monday. But then I already have work. See how our government makes our lives real hard? I asked the guy at the counter if I can have it earlier, he told me to go back this PM. I really hope I can get it today.

No comments: