Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Advertising Management

In every job interview I've had, the interviewer will always ask me why I chose Advertising Management as my course in college. Honestly, up to now I can’t give even myself an answer as to why I chose that. It's definitely a far cry from my hopes of being a surgeon or psychologist. And so, why did I choose that course?
I don't really know why I chose my major. It's an unexplainable selection. Maybe it was fate that brought me to choose AMG over the other courses in the list. Or perhaps it was the fact that AMG is listed on the first line under the heading of College Of Business and Economics…and is also the first on the list among all the other programs offered by all colleges put together.
When teachers ask me why I chose my major during the first day of class of every term, I often say that Advertising Management is a middle-ground for Fine Arts and Business Management, wherein my mom wanted Fine Arts and I wanted Business Management. Maybe it's that, but I can’t really say that I am sure about the actual reason. Let's just say that it is just one of the things that we can’t really use words to explain.
All I remember is that I chose advertising because I thought it would be cool (and glamorous) working in an advertising agency and doing all the commercials on TV or the print ads. I felt that advertising would be pretty exciting and is an ever-changing field. It would allow me to work with a lot of different things which would definitely assure me that I would never tire of what I’m doing.

So…why did I choose Advertising Management to be my major? I still don't know…but I am glad that I did choose it.

No comments: