Tuesday, July 04, 2006

life as it is

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster...it's inevitable. I graduated from college early this year, and technically I should be working right now. But then it is so hard to find a good job these days. A job wherein I can build a career out of anyways. There are a lot of offers from call centers. But really, I don't see myself working in a call center ten years from now. Sorry.

I've sent applications to a lot of companies, but they are often unanswered. I'm starting to get frustrated. I'm not getting any younger, so I have a choice of going to school again or getting a job. I have a feeling I'll go with the former.

You know the feeling wherein every fresh graduate from an Ivy League school has this feeling that somehow their future is secure and how getting a job will be super easy? Thats how I felt. but tell you what, the real world is not how we imagined it to be. It's extremely hard and moet people will work only to protect their personal interests, so you're more or less on your own. School never taught us that. They just teach us these theories and principles that are more idealistic than realistic. Will we ever use them? Mmmmm.....maybe yes, maybe no.

No comments: