Thursday, December 22, 2005

is it Christmas???

There are only 3 days before Christmas, yet it doesn't feel like Christmas. Unlike years before where the malls were packed with people doing last minute Christmas shopping and restaurants full of reservations, this year, it's been pretty quiet. Malls are pretty much empty, the cashiers bored from just sitting around. The only place that is packed is 168 and Tutuban. What's with the holiday season this year? Well...yeah, considering the economic situation these days. Everybody is pretty much saving their money. One of our workers at the factory is not even going home to their province this Christmas, they'd rather spend it here just to save up on the transportation fare. It's so awkward for the holiday season to be this quiet. I wonder if there will be a lot of fireworks for the new year...
I'm starting to feel guilty about spending my Christmas in Hong Kong...sigh!
We're leaving tomorrow morning and I'm still nursing a cold. I hope I get better tonight.

No comments: