Sunday, May 18, 2008

comfort zones

I've always suffered from self-esteem issues. I totally lacked confdence when I was younger, I felt that I wasn't pretty and that I would never really amount to being someone successful. With that mindset, I kept my chin down when I walk, keeping to myself a lot, staying quiet. I was pretty much a loser back then. haha But then I learned to listen, I just listen. haha I never really know how to react to what another person says. I think I cared too much about what other people thought of me, I still do actually, although not as much anymore.

There were times when I acted like a total pain-in-the-ass though...those were the times wherein people wanted to boss me around and I just wanted to be left alone. I apologized after, but I know that somehow, things will neer go back to what the once were. It's not just people bossing me around, there are some pretty unreasonable people out there, and those I probably won't apologize to. I seem quiet and all, but I also have a patience limit, eh?

I know that deep down, the confidence has always been there, but I was just too shy to bring it out. I was always scared that I might become tactless or be intimidating to others. Yeah...I guess refraining to express myself more made me weak. Now, I'm determined to be more outgoing, be more expressive, have more sense of individuality. First step, I need to get out of my comfort zone...

No comments: