Thursday, August 02, 2007

Update 8-2-2007

Just felt the urge to blog..hehe Need to relieve some of the stress from all this studying and the stuff that's happening here at work.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all the people that greeted me on my birthday, namely: Erika, Aileen, Dianna, Sir Anlex, Ahia Byron, Atsi Johanna, Katz, Michelle Sze, Charissa, Amity, Micmic, Abi Lee, Shaneich, Aileen(aka Mushroom), Allen, Mikey, Laurice, Aris, Jingjing, and my officemates(Michelle, Sharnie, Joy, Omar, Tina, Ging, Jeff, Li Yi, Fidel and Kuya Bernie).

My birthday,as usual, was pretty simple. I ordered a bilao of palabok from Red Ribbon for our merienda at the office. It was pretty good. We were all stuffed. At least, I was. Haha And then, on Saturday, I ate at Cyma’s with Aileen, Erika and Raechelle. The food there is pretty good. We ordered the flaming cheese appetizer (which I will definitely order again), and for our main course we had yemistes(rice stuffed inside a pepper and a tomato), vegan moussaka(love this too!) and Roka pasta(there’s this certain garden taste to it that I like). Had loads of fun hanging out with them again, although it would have been more fun if Charissa could have come too. We all talked about our lives and dreams and especially Aileen’s adventures in China. We all seem to have this passion for traveling and seeing the world, so we were hoping to one day go backpacking, when we have the $$$ to do it. I hope that pushes through. I’ve always dreamed of backpacking(or taking a road trip) from one place to another. I just want to be able to have the freedom to travel and take in the sites of a country and immerse myself in its’ culture without worrying about time constraints or anything. And of course, I'd like to have my friends with me to share the experience with.

Last Tuesday, since it was payday, me and my officemates decided to have lunch at The Old Spaghetti House at Waltermart. Our orders took forever to come, but the food was okay.On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give it a 6. I had the Eggplant Parmigiana and Penne Pomodoro. (See, I’m eating healthier now..haha)

Oh yeah…last week, I e-mailed two of my professors in college. I asked their advice regarding my plans to pursue an MBA next year. They both told me to go for it, while I am still young and still have the same. Sir Anlex said,"There is no better time to start any endeavor than now." Sir JL then told me that it doesn’t matter what decision I make. I just have to make my decision and make it the right one. So here I am, more and more convinced that I am making the right choice.

No comments: