Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

*Warning:This post may contain spoilers for the movie.

Swept up by the Harry Potter mania, I went to watch the 5th installment of the book/movie series at SM MOA.I had to wait in line for about 30 minutes just to get tickets. But then again, the cinema wasn't as packed as I expected it to be. I suppose people are just waiting for the IMAX seats to clear up a bit and watch it there instead.

Anyway, the cinematography was great! Helena Bonham Carter was really good. I love her playing Bellatrix Lestrange. She's pretty, in a bizarre, freakish kind of way that is. Evanna Lynch was also good as Luna Lovegood. She plays the spaced out part real well. Oh and Emma Watson is really a lady now. She gets prettier and prettier. Wish I had long locks like hers. hehe

The movie was pretty good, albeit it was too short(Really, I wouldn't mind sitting another 30 minutes.) And it changed some of the details in the book.Oh, and I noticed the the movie is starting to deviate from "Harry-saves-the-day" type of ending.

Other memorable portions in the movie:
1. The fireworks scene...That was really good.Great graphics! and Professor Flitwick's little celebratory jump topped the scene perfectly.

2. The scene where the centaurs were going to carry Umbridge away.
Umbridge: Harry, tell them I will do them no harm.
Harry: Sorry, professor, you told me "I must not tell lies."

3. The last scene in the Department of Mysteries. Love the fight scene between Dumbledore and Voldemort.

Hmmm...overall, its a good movie, a little bit flawed since they skipped some of the good parts of the book that I would have wanted to see. Transitions were also a tad choppy. The cast was great.

No comments: