Monday, December 18, 2006

busy weekend

Last Saturday, I had a meeting at the temple with Achi Dol and Ven. Chueh Zhen. We talked about who was going to be part of the new set of officers. My name came up for the top position. Hehe For humility, I, of course, said no, explaining this and that. But I do feel that I could do a good job if I were to be elected for it.
After the meeting, I went to Ama's house to have dinner before going to the airport to fetch Aunt Ellen, Uncle Francis and KK. Their flight was delayed. So I was stuck walking around the arrival area at the airport for a while since Dad went to Caltex to wait. Would you believe that EDSA was still super slow with traffic at 12 midnight? We reached Koko’s house past 1, then home at around 2:30AM.

Went to the YAD elections yesterday afternoon. Funny thing is, the newly elected President was not in the pre-discussed list of who was "fit" to be President. Oh, and that guy is the same guy who annoyed me(still does when I think about what happened)in Taiwan. I fear for what is going to happen to the YAD. I do hope he grows up and treats everything as a learning experience and not a traumatic one. I’m Vice President, along with Joy and Michelle. Obviously, we have to help the guy. Up to now, I still don’t get why people voted for him…I expected someone else, not him (or me for the matter). Well, maybe its because he's so good at sucking up to people? I don’t know…don’t care. Just gonna do my job right. And hope he doesn’t ruin (or embarrass) the entire group while he does his.

No comments: