Friday, June 02, 2006

ranting

I want to be free…I am starting to dislike my life here in Manila. After 50 days of freedom in Beijing, I feel more and more repressed and controlled. I miss the days when I could go out and I didn’t need anybody’s permission, when I didn’t have anything to worry about and nobody nagged at me to do this or that. I was myself for a while. I was not a puppet at all… I was free to be the me that I want to be. No one told me what to do, what course I should take, what I shouldn’t do.

Why does society impose all these traditions, rules, beliefs on itself? Why can’t everybody just be free to do as they wish? Why can’t parents accept the fact that they don’t own the life of their children? They can’t control them forever….these children need space to breathe. They are not robots that can be controlled, if they could be controlled then there would be no rebelling children, or children turning to drugs, alcohol, etc.

I have not reached that point yet…I am just looking for a way out of this kind of life….I will get through this ALIVE.

No comments: