Saturday, November 05, 2011

Ups

Of course, while some events at work have been a downer, there were also moments that have brought a smile on my face. One of which is my recent purchase, an Olympus XZ-1. I asked my aunt to buy it for me in Hong Kong. I love it! I haven't had a chance to take it out yet, but I've been shooting stuff at home, and the outcome is great. I love especially the quality of pics of low-light places, like under the table or my closet. Also love how the colors have this certain pop to it. It doesn't have borders or the inbuilt special graphics feature which we can add to the picture that Sony has though, but the Olympus comes with Art Filters give a nice touch to pictures. Another thing I like about the Olympus XZ-1 is that I have the option for both Auto and Manual settings, which is great for a photography newbie like me.

I tried Bulgogi Brothers at Greenbelt 5 the other day. The ambience was cozy, it didn't look quite like how I would imagine a Korean restaurant to look like though. There was a wine rack in the middle and a cart loaded with different kinds of wine. And the lights look modern. Then, therewas Kpop playing in the background as we ate and also showing on the TV on the wall. We ordered the Seoul Bulgogi and the Gwangyang Bulogi. The food was cooked fresh at our table. I was surprised that the waiter didn't put oil in the pan before he put the meat in for the Gwangyang Bulgogi. When I asked if he had put some before he got the pan out from the kitchen, he said he didn't. I assume its better and healthier for the body since it didn't use oil. <3 The food, from the complimentary side dishes to the (corn) tea to the main dishes were yummy and the overall experience was great. I would like to go back and try their other dishes next time.

No comments: