Thursday, November 08, 2007

Computer bug

The computers here in the office have been getting all weird lately. First, the clocks on all the PC's were one hour late. Then, some PC's were real slow, or that they would freeze up, or some application would just close. In my case, my PC would restart on its own. That happened twice. And what happened last night was super annoying. I just finished the project I was doing, and my computer just restarted. And since I don't really bother saving what I do while I am doing it, the file wasn't saved and I had to redo the entire project when I got in this morning. Grrrr...I hate computer bugs. We scanned our PC's and we got rid of the virus that was causing this mayhem...hopefully, it won't come back.

And yes, I learned my lesson. It doesn't hurt to press CTRL+S once in a while.

However, we have a theory as to what put the virus onto our PC's. We all share files using a USB flash disk, and there's this one person in the office that views A LOT of inappropriate content and he was complaining that his PC had a virus a couple of weeks back, and since he uses the same flash disk we all use, the virus got transferred from one PC to the other. That's just sad, eh?

No comments: